Job title: Senior Data Scientist
Reports to: Head of Data Science
Our client is a geopolitical communications consultancy focusing on political, social and developmental campaigns that deliver positive outcomes. We blend acute strategic insight and in-depth understanding of political campaigning with cuttingedge data analytics and behavioural science methods, to help governments, political parties and NGOs to design and deliver more effective communications – from democratic elections to grassroots humanitarian campaigns. As a Senior Data Scientist, you will grow and help the Head of Data Science manage our team of data scientists, and manage the analytical aspect of client projects, primarily through the use of analytical tools and machine learning techniques to identify behavioural patterns and enable our clients to provide more targeted and resonant advertising and organic content, as well as through the development of client-facing tools and applications. A key part of the role will be to build end-product web applications that solve targeting problems in the communications world. This will involve designing and building unique and new analytical solutions relying on machine learning and applied statistics, navigating complex regulatory landscapes, and setting up environments to allow for the applications to scale and be secure. As such, proven experience in delivering end-to-end solutions is a must.
- Identifying sources of relevant data for projects
- Designing and delivering tools and data products
- Pre-processing of data from a variety of sources
- Conducting data audits and exploratory data analyses of client data
- Developing and training predictive models using supervised and unsupervised machine learning
- Creating data visualisations to communicate the output of our models to external clients
- Planning experiments for the validation of model predictions
- Designing and building applications for client and internal use.
- Collaborating with project managers, market researchers, and digital advertisers
- Management of personal delivery on a project-by-project basis
- Delivery of client projects and post-sales technical support
- Maintaining the organisation’s expectations for productivity, quality, and timeliness
- Rapid model prototyping (client-specific)
- International travel for client projects.
We are looking for a candidate with the following skillset:
- Ph.D. in Physics, Mathematics, Computer Science or similar quantitative field.
- 1 year of working experience in lead/senior-level data science and analytics.
- Hands-on programming experience in Python
- Applied knowledge of SQL databases
- Expert knowledge of fundamental statistics
- Practical and proven experience sourcing meaningful data from disparate sources – including navigating multiple regulatory landscapes simultaneously
- Practical and proven experience of taking a model from conception and problem stage through to deployment and implementation
- Hands-on experience with cloud technologies
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills for coordinating across teams (international conference presentations, academic publications, experience leading teams).
- Practical and proven experience of applying abstract mathematical concepts to noisy real-world data
- The ability to work effectively with people from a variety of backgrounds
- Practical and proven experience of online web-tracking technologies and infrastructure
- Hands-on experience of developing NLP using both supervised and unsupervised learning
- Proven experience of building predictive and prescriptive models using traditional and advanced
- modelling techniques (e.g. Bayesian, Random Forest, Neural Networks)
- Working Knowledge of Graph Theory and Network Analysis
- Proven experience in delivering web applications, complete with front-end interface and scalable architecture
- Proven experience organising product development, including development sprints, supporting sales and pitches and leading on technical development
- Fluency in foreign languages
- Php or other ‘front-end’ development language
- Previous COMMS experience
Apply for this position
Oops! We could not locate your form.