ABOUT THE COMPANY
Our client are the pioneers of transformative technology education. We democratise cutting edge skills. We help transform traditional businesses into tech companies. We give our learners the skills and confidence to embrace the future of work.
Their products and methodologies have been shaped through our collaboration with some of the largest and most technologically progressive organisations in the world. We use the intelligent, ethical and creative application of technology to lay the foundations for a more productive and promising world – one with unlimited possibilities.
They are looking for Product Developers – Data Science to join our Product Team. This is a unique role blending subject matter expertise, instructional design, content creation and teaching. You will be responsible for delivering and creating world-class educational content on the latest data science techniques with opportunities to travel across the globe.
The Data Academy is our global accelerated technical skills development programme, focussing on modern data science and machine learning as well as traditional data analytics. Content covered includes various feature engineering techniques, classical as well as deep machine learning algorithms, implementation in Python and R, and elements of SQL and NoSQL frameworks.
You will deliver, develop and update half-day workshops and full-day hackathons with learners during which you will help them understand and apply data science techniques to real-world problems, in a business context. You will develop and update online learning content to help them embed their learning even further.
We provide formal teaching training, best practice in andragogy (adult education) and support continuous learning of the latest data science techniques with our stellar staff of educators.
As a Product Developer – Data Science, you’re ultimately accountable for:
- Creating world-class educational content for professionals, following best practice from our learning experience design team
- Delivering outstanding workshops
- Learning and helping others to learn
SPECIFIC ROLE & RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Teaching workshops:
- Delivering excellent workshops to new learners
- Focus on enhancing skills as a Data Academy facilitator
- Maintaining a healthy balance of external delivery to internal work
2. Curriculum development of workshops and content:
- Module ownership of Data Academy content
- Integrating cutting-edge industry-relevant data science practice
- Development on other material where necessary
- Focus on enhancing skills as a curriculum developer and learning designer
3. Assisting in the hiring and training of internal and external teachers:
- Assisting with the hiring of teachers
- Assisting with the delivery of teacher training
WHO ARE YOU?
Our Product Developers are a community of data science education enthusiasts. Our learners love their blend of science and humanity, combining technical expertise and a passion for education.
Our Product Developers have backgrounds ranging from Theoretical Physics to Clinical Psychology to Zoology with experience ranging from secondary school teaching to PhD-level research to data analytics. They have developed models across machine learning techniques within academic and business settings, and whatever their background, they are all:
- High-achievers with 3-5 years of work experience (you can count postgraduate education as work)
- Excellent communicators
- Unfazed by the challenge of learning new programming languages and data analysis techniques
- Passionate about data and technology
- Experienced coding in a high-level language such as Python or R
- Excited by helping people solve their own business problems, big and small
- Self-motivated and take initiative within a small tight-knit team who likes nothing better than getting things done
- 28 days’ holiday per year, inclusive of the 8 bank holidays. We also close for two full weeks at Christmas, at the company's discretion
- Modern, flexible and fully serviced offices
- Company pension contributions
- Private health care including dental, GP and hospital cover and a gym-discount to help you prioritise your wellbeing
- Travel insurance
- A huge array of social events including themed Christmas get-togethers and a summer away day as well as monthly drinks and activities
- Continuous learning and development through monthly training sessions focusing on data science and teaching, plus bespoke training, coaching and development to allow you to reach your potential. You will be challenged with lots of responsibility and exciting projects in an environment that encourages learning, creativity, personal growth and collaboration
- Free monthly lunches, fresh fruit every day, drinks and snacks
- Casual dress every day
- Flexible working and working from home when you need to
- Cutting edge software and kit, always
Apply for this position
Oops! We could not locate your form.