About Our Client
They are a research and technology company, that emulates human decisions in finance and portfolio management through its proprietary Artificial Intelligence (AI) Engine. The AI Engine is used to evaluate and forecast investment opportunities in the financial markets, and is architected as a massively parallel and distributed system. The company’s mission is “General AI for finance”, whilst incorporating sustainability factors within its investment strategies.
They are majority-owned by a larger Group, a global group of fintech companies providing a range of sustainable investment and data services. Arabesque Group is headquartered in London with offices in Frankfurt, Singapore, Boston and Tokyo.
Following a Series A round, our client is in a period of rapid growth and looking for data engineers to help deliver our product offering. The job will involves looking after the full data life-cycle from sourcing the data, cleaning and transforming the data, to preparing it for consumption by the AI engine, monitoring the data systems and serving it to relevant consumers.
The AI Engine is cloud native, running on thousands of computing nodes, across different regions. We run massively distributed computational graphs using both in-house and open-source stacks. The AI team's work is convoluted given the technologies used, therefore successful candidates will be working closely with the AI Researchers and AI Engineers to build tools that facilitate R&D activity on the AI Engine.
- Developing and maintaining the datapipelines that feed the AI Engine & related efforts
- Creating tools to support users to consume and experiment on the data
- Monitoring and ensuring availability of microservices in our distributed systems
- Researching and keeping up to date with the latest in technological innovation
- And at anytime, to identify R&D to improve any process of our current workflow. We are always keen to explore exciting ideas/new technologies to boost our performance
- Degree in Computer Science or relevant field
- A keen interest in data & databases
- A passion for automation and building systems that are observable and easy to maintain
- Experience with a public Cloud provider (preferably Google Cloud)
- Experience writing in Python and/or Go
- Experience developing performant APIs
- Experience in building secure systems
- Experience of Docker & Kubernetes
- CI/CD knowledge is a plus
Our client is an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will be afforded equal employment opportunities without discrimination because of actual or perceived race, colour, national origin, sex, age, religion, creed, disability, marital status, citizenship, ancestry, personal appearance, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, political affiliation, military status, status as a protected veteran, genetic information or any other legally protected status.
Apply for this position
Oops! We could not locate your form.